The teaching method here at Laboling is based on modern didactic techniques for language learning as outlined by CEFR, (Common European Framework of Reference for languages).
The main features of courses at Laboling are:
- Highly qualified and widely recognised courses for students of all levels and ages
- Expert teachers specialised in the teaching of Italian as a foreign language
- Relaxed, informal and social atmosphere
- Small classes, (on average 5-6 students with a maximum of 10)
- Attention to the needs of every student individually
- Priority is given to communication and the communicative functions of the language
- Attention to detail in the choice of didactic material
Our teachers, in addition to using the most current, up to date books, often use authentic material to present modern Italian and introduce contemporary Italy and its culture.
Alongside the language courses, Laboling organises seminars on diverse aspects of Italian culture, including topics such as art, history, literature, cinema, music, traditions and cookery.
Exams and certificates
At the end of the course, students are presented with a certificate of attendance. It is possible to follow specific courses for the preparation of the CILS exams, (Certificazione di Italiano come Lingua Straniera). The CILS exams are held at the school twice a year, in June and in December. The CILS certificates are awarded in conjunction with the CILS Centre of the University of Siena.
Subdivision and description of the courses
The courses are subdivided into six levels, (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2), as indicated by the CEFR. Every lesson has a duration of 45 minutes. The placing of all students in the course most appropriate for their needs takes place on the first day, after an entry level test. The length of study time needed for each level is approximately 80 lessons, however this may vary based on the student’s own mother tongue and previous training.